The Path



"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment; Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength"
Lao Tzu

"Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.”
Carl Gustav Jung

Friday, July 31, 2009

Okay, So what is it?

The question above has been asked of me, what is all this in aid of? Is it philosophy? Is it ego? Is it just a blog?

I am an office worker. I work for an agency for a huge multifaceted company living week to week trying to hold together a creative life, a social life, a professional life and am quite comfortable in my little self built rut.

About a year ago I stopped learning about myself and started earning. Drinking from week to week, my flat is slowly decaying and my opinion of myself is of the corporate slave who gave in.

I started young and ambitious, with wisdom to impart, a keen eye for detail, a disdain for the way society was structured and the way Humans treat each other. Now I am a sycophantic neophobe who thinks as himself, but acts as a robot. I type in the job number, give customer service, I talk about revolution and I go home to my Xbox 360 and await another depressing weekend of lying on my back staring into space.

I have a keen interest in research of off colour subjects. The columbine High school massacre, 9/11 conspiracy theories, the Kennedy assassination, quantum physics, programming, operating systems, hypnotherapy. But I never felt the need to apply any of my philosophy to my life. Dualism, peaceful protest, love and kindness to others and balancing the ego.

I was waiting, I could feel it coming, something, a whole load of new information. After around 4 months of this constant stream of information coming through from pure coincidences, several hundred hours of different views being watched that fit the smallest pieces of my truth into place. Then 3 things happened at once, my flatmate decided to move to London (still pending), one of my best friends became so very low and I stumbled across a video on the law. Three unrelated things, but they connected all the dots in reasons I will not go into now. I had nowhere to go and I had realised WHY something was very wrong with how the world worked. There's a bathroom at my job where somebody had written on the wall with a compass “what have I done with my 30 years? Don't let it happen to you...HELP!” I realised the waiting was over. Why had I made movies, written music and novels for no gain other than enjoyment? Why did I feel the need to learn in my youth about philosophers, religions, acting, and attempt to ply my trade to as many things as possible until I had a more than casual grasp?

It's for this, the final piece fell into place.

I've started understanding my path, it is freedom, peace and self. And now, with the comfort slowly being pulled out from under me, I have somewhere to go. This blog, the vlog and the book I'm writing, are all about my search for my true self, and the true self of consciousness.

Money need have no value to me, worry for myself need have no value to me, I am a peaceful man born free on this planet into abundance. I am to abandon all false pretenses of structure, hierarchy and logic, and attempt to find out who is beneath it all? My job, my bank account, my flat, I am none of these things and plan to slowly release them for what I wanted I already had. I'm not even my person, and the law states this very clearly.


My Name is Rich of the Craig family. I want to stand up, and become responsible for my own life, my own happiness, my own abundance, no longer be a ward of the state, of my job, of the banks and of my own hate for myself.

Bill Hicks once said:

“And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings, and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourselves off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what you can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defence each year, and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, for ever, in peace.”


This blog, my upcoming vlog, and the book I'm writing, are the story of this choice.


Peace, Love, Empathy,


Rich



No comments:

Post a Comment